This project is read-only.

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException:

Jul 9, 2010 at 3:39 PM
I am new to Episerver, and I'm trying to run MyForumSite for a project with the CMS 6 an i get this error: The database 'C:\EPISERVER\SITES\EPISERVERDEMO\EPISERVERDEMO\APP_DATA\DATABASE.MDF' cannot be opened because it is version 655. This server supports version 612 and earlier. A downgrade path is not supported. Could not open new database 'C:\EPISERVER\SITES\EPISERVERDEMO\EPISERVERDEMO\APP_DATA\DATABASE.MDF'. CREATE DATABASE is aborted. An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file C:\EPiServer\Sites\EPiServerDemo\EPiServerDemo\App_Data\Database.mdf failed. A database with the same name exists, or specified file cannot be opened, or it is located on UNC share. any help will be apreciate it. Thanks.
Jul 13, 2010 at 1:19 AM
Hi munozgae I used SQL Server 2008 Express RTM to build the database. I am not sure which version 612 is exactly but it could be SQL Server 2005. You'll need to install one of the latest SQL Server 2008 editions, I think the latest is R2. Also, I think I had this problem as well at one time, and I had to uninstall the old version first. Hope that helps.