System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException:

Jul 9, 2010 at 2:39 PM
I am new to Episerver, and I'm trying to run MyForumSite for a project with the CMS 6 an i get this error: The database 'C:\EPISERVER\SITES\EPISERVERDEMO\EPISERVERDEMO\APP_DATA\DATABASE.MDF' cannot be opened because it is version 655. This server supports version 612 and earlier. A downgrade path is not supported. Could not open new database 'C:\EPISERVER\SITES\EPISERVERDEMO\EPISERVERDEMO\APP_DATA\DATABASE.MDF'. CREATE DATABASE is aborted. An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file C:\EPiServer\Sites\EPiServerDemo\EPiServerDemo\App_Data\Database.mdf failed. A database with the same name exists, or specified file cannot be opened, or it is located on UNC share. any help will be apreciate it. Thanks.
Jul 13, 2010 at 12:19 AM
Hi munozgae I used SQL Server 2008 Express RTM to build the database. I am not sure which version 612 is exactly but it could be SQL Server 2005. You'll need to install one of the latest SQL Server 2008 editions, I think the latest is R2. Also, I think I had this problem as well at one time, and I had to uninstall the old version first. Hope that helps.